These small scones are delicious for breakfast, a snack or ANYTIME! I included a lot of photos this time. I hope you like them!
Mini Gingerbread Scones
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Cold Butter
1/3 Cup Molasses
1/4 Cup Milk
1 Egg, separated
Coarse Sugar (for sprinkling on top)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Either spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients til well combined. Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender (or 2 knives) til mixture looks like coarse crumbs. In a separate bowl, whisk molasses, milk and egg yolk til well blended; stir into crumb mixture just til moistened.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and gently knead 6-8 times. Pat into a square that’s approximately 1/2 inch thick. (It will be about 7-8 inches square.)
4. Using a knife, cut into 9 smaller squares. (It helps if you frequently dip your knife in flour…to keep dough from sticking too much.) Then, cut each of those squares diagonally into triangles. (You’ll end up with 18 triangles.) Place scones 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets.
5. In small bowl, whisk egg white til frothy; brush over the scones. Sprinkle each with coarse sugar. Bake 8-10 minutes or til golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
**RECIPE AND PHOTOS BY RENEE’S GOURMETS**