Hey there everyone,
Lately I’ve been really busy with canning peaches and freezing beans and corn…lots of garden stuff! But, I’m finally ready to share another recipe with you. It’s the one I had mentioned before that needed tweaking a little more.
I’ve tweaked it and I think you’ll love it! It’s Honey Granola. You can use the recipe as is or you can also change it around however you’d like…use different nuts to your preference…add about a cup of dried, chopped fruits (after it’s cooled down)…your choice!
We all LOVE this granola…it’s disappeared FAST! I hope you love it too!
5 Cups Rolled Oats (NOT quick cook)
1/2 Cup Pecans, coarsely chopped*
1/2 Cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped*
1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds*
2 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Dried Fruit, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease 2 big cookie sheets by spreading butter over them.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter with the honey and brown sugar, stirring occasionally til the sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the into the dry ingredients and toss to coat all the oat mixture.
4. Spread the granola into a thin layer on the cookie sheets. Bake at 300°F for 25-35 minutes or til it’s golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Crumble it apart and add the dried fruit if using. Store in an airtight container.
*I prefer heaping half-cupfuls! 🙂
**RECIPE AND PHOTOS BY RENEE’S GOURMETS**
©Renee Norris 2015
All rights reserved.
#granola #healthy #yummygoodness #oatmeal #diy #breakfast