This recipe is dedicated to my best friend Veronica who’s a vegetarian. (Love you!!!) I have several other friends who are vegetarians too. This can be used as a main dish or it can serve as a side dish.
Veronica’s Vegetarian Alfredo
1/2 of 12 oz Pkg Bow Tie Pasta
1 Cup Onion, chopped
1 Cup Zucchini, chopped
1 Cup Yellow Squash, chopped
1/4 tsp Minced Garlic
1 Cup Tomato, chopped
2-3 Fresh Basil Leaves, torn
16 oz Jar Alfredo Sauce
Parmesan Cheese for serving
1. Chop 1 cup each of onion, zucchini, squash, and tomato, keeping the tomato separate.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
3. While pasta is cooking, saute on medium high the onion, zucchini, squash and garlic 8-10 minutes til tender. Add the tomato and torn basil and continue to saute for 3-4 minutes more.
4. Add three quarters of the alfredo sauce, using more if you prefer. Continue cooking only til heated through.
5. Remove from heat. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
*You can also add 1 cup chopped broccoli florets if you’d like.
**RECIPE AND PHOTOS BY RENEE’S GOURMETS**
#MainDish #pasta #alfredo #sidedish #easy