Chicken Black Bean Burritos
My soon-to-be-15-year-old daughter Hannah inspired this recipe. Lately, she’s been interested in cooking and finding healthy recipes. Last week she made a version of these burritos with steak that were delicious! I decided to make my own recipe using the one she found as a reference. I must say the end result turned out pretty darn good! Thanks for the inspiration Hannah! Mama’s proud of you and loves you sooo much!!!
Chicken Black Bean Tortillas
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Tbls Olive Oil
4 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
1 Cup Frozen Corn, thawed
1 Cup Black Beans
1 Cup Colby Jack (or Mexican) Shredded Cheese
2 Tbls BBQ Sauce (your choice, but I used Kraft Original)
Granulated Garlic (just a tad to sprinkle)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. Put oil in skillet and cook chicken pieces til no longer pink. Transfer to a plate.
3. Lay the tortillas on the prepared pan and assemble them by dividing the corn, beans, cheese and BBQ sauce between them. Sprinkle each with a little garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Fold one side over the other and turn the burrito over so it’ll stay closed.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes or til heated through and light brown on top. If you’d rather have a less crispy tortilla shell, cover the burritos with foil before baking.
5. Serve with shredded lettuce.
**Recipe and photos by Renee’s Gourmets**